Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A phone call from home!



Last night, I got a call from my Mama! I know it may seem silly that this is blog-worthy news, but when you're 3,000 miles from home, phone calls from family are a pretty big deal-not to mention the fact that my mom is my all time favorite person to talk to on the phone. For the last week or so, my mom has been super sick with pneumonia, so it was extra encouraging to hear that she is doing better and healthy enough to be back home (she was staying at my grandma's house while she was really sick).
I know that most people probably think their moms are pretty great, but I honestly think that my mom is THE coolest lady ever. Our relationship has had some ups and downs over the years, as most relationships do, but as an adult I have come to love and respect her SO much. She is just one of those truly remarkable people-the kind of unforgettable person that leaves a permanent imprint on your heart, Whenever I get a call from her, I always drop whatever I am doing (sorry bible study ladies) to answer because I know that a conversation with her will do my heart good. No matter what craziness is going on in her life, she is always so upbeat and encouraging when she talks to me. She is one of those few people in my life that are truly accepting of me no matter what I do or what decisions I make. I always leave our conversations feeling so loved and so appreciated, even when I haven't really done anything especially worthy of love or appreciation. She completely exemplifies the meaning of unconditional love and I am SO thankful for her!
So here's to my mama and all her awesomeness!!

No comments: