Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 (or Day 1, Part 2 if you want to get technical)


Day 2: What has been better than you expected?

My time in Dominica has been full of pleasant and unexpected surprises, but if I had to pick just ONE thing that has been better than I expected, it would be the sunsets. The sunsets here are like nothing I have ever seen before. They are so bright and colorful and each one is different from the last. After 13 months of living here, I can honestly say that I have not tired of them one bit. In fact, I have begun restraining myself from going outside and snapping pictures of the sunset every night because I have SO MANY pictures of Dominican sunsets that its getting a bit ridiculous.
Though the sunsets are simply gorgeous no matter where you are in Dominica, I've gotten an extra special view for the last 6 months since we moved to an apartment that sits right on the beach. Nearly every night at about 6:30pm, I take a break from whatever I am doing and go sit outside for a bit to watch the sun dip down below the horizon. It is absolutely one of the most breathtaking and peaceful things I have ever experienced. I am going to miss those sunsets very very much when I'm no longer living on this little island.


view from my porch





Sitting on the beach in front of my apartment



No comments: